EDUCATION & ACCESS TO TECHNOLOGY
- 100+ Caregivers trained.
- 1500+ Toddlers received quality education.
- 81+ Primary school learners received educational support.
“The Education Centre of PEN has given us more than a place to study, a camp, career assessments and encouragement. They gave us hope and love that we cannot explain”
– Grade 9 Learner.
HEALTH & EMOTIONAL WELLBEING
- Close to 5000 people received primary health care.
- 3500+ HIV tests done.
- 150+ Received Professional Counselling.
“They helped me, I wasn’t dirty in their eyes, I was just myself, needing help and they made me better”
– Vulnerable Homeless man.
- 24 Children found a home at PEN’s Orphaned & Vulnerable Children Program.
“At first I was nobody, helping my sisters, not having a home to live in… now I live in the PEN home and my life have changed. I have shoes just like other children”
– One of PEN’s orphaned children.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT & CITIZENS RIGHTS
- 21 Sex workers supported to better their lives.
- 120 Homeless men offered water and sanitation services.
- 29 People assisted in job readiness programs.
CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY & DISCIPLESHIP
- Close to 1000 children attended talks and support groups.
“It was so quiet, the city is always busy and noisy. I am fortunate to attend a camp and discover a new relationship between God and myself
– Young learner who attended a PEN youth camp.
CREATIVE ARTS, MUSIC & RECREATION
- 70 Children & Teens performed.
- Former creative arts student featured in TV commercial.
- Former creative arts student got a job as a DJ through the skills he developed in this program.
ENTERPRISE COACHING & SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
- Casual employment created for 40 adults.
- We recycle roughly a ton of waste per day.
- 2nd Buyback Centre planned for 2018.
PEN’S MISSION SUPPORT PROGRAMME
- Supporting 18 programs in PEN with necessary infrastructure.
- Close to R10 million received from individual donations & business.
- Congregations contributed close to R750 000 to PEN’s programs.
- Generated own income of close to R10 Million to cover overhead costs.
DID YOU KNOW?
- PEN is a BBBEE contributor. Talk to us.
- PEN can assist you in your Social Economic Development and Enterprise Development spend.
- PEN is also a registered Public Benefit Organisation which means S18A Tax benefits to your business.